Pages

Monday 25 May 2015

5 Minute Recount of High Ropes

Five Minutes of High Ropes

“I feel so proud of myself” My fear is heights. I went up the ladder one step after another. The high beam was just waiting for me. The pole was like a statue and I climbed it. Can you believe me? I felt my heart pounding like never before. The pole became my best buddy when I got to the top because I didn’t want to let go. It was like my life was in my activity group's hands. To be honest the view was beautiful. I saw the Hunua falls. The instructor (Jennina) told me it will be safe I didn't believe her at first but then I got use to the idea of the view. I just couldn't balance on the beam. I  just imagined that it was my brother's back. So I did the big moment that everyone was waiting for, I took a step on the beam. I took another and another and a couple more steps. Then I was there. I was at the other end of the pole. I was so happy. I didn't want to let go I just felt like staying there. I realized that I was holding up the line so I thought I better hurry up. Then my instructor told me to walk backwards. I started to get terrified because I might have slipped. Luckily I didn’t slip I got to the other side and went down slowly I really had to put all my trust into my mates and instructor. It was honestly scary! I was kind of looking forward to stopping but then again I felt a lot of pride in myself.

I still some reason felt shaky, scared terrified and relieved afterwards.


I have made a Five minute recount about the high ropes at camp this year. I felt scared on the high ropes I am not joking it was actually scary.

0 comments:

Post a Comment